Saturday, June 24, 2006

Commerce: Advertizing online: Dang! The ad execs,the flash-movies placed btwn 1 look-the-other- way journalist & the next ...

.
Originally published on May31, on refWrite page 3.
.
At the risk of repeating myself, I shall repeat myself. I had a horrible experience in the search for info germane to current issues in Canadian government and politics. Heck ... not only shall I repeat myself, I shall quote myself:

A few further details are available in a Canadian Press article I found unfortunately in Maclean's (coming via Norman's Spectator, an article by Joan Bryden. (If you can get to her piece with the foregoing URL, you'll be doing much better than I in my first effort to get to her info. I had to bypass a direct approach from Norman's site where I initially found a linked path that ended in futliity (thanks, Norman for the warning! on your link to the awful bad ad - I say with irony!), and then exhausted I had to go to Google where I was able to get another URL and thus another path for the same Bryden article ... in the meantime, before I came up with the bypass strategy, I had to sit thru an interminable obscene-capitalist flash-movie ad for an obscene gas-guzzling automobile ... the "skip" button on the ad page was a complete fraud that refused to respond to the dozen or so clicks I made attempting to use that button, so the ad neatly skipped its cue to "skip" (thanks ever so much, Norman, for the warning!) ... which lowered my diminishing respect for the mag even further, but thanks ever so much and a Hat Tip to you, Norman).
Principium Consumers Hub

Perhaps I'll get more of my thawts posted here later today. But, first, I must get some sleep, including that which was robbed from by the badjournalism, badadvertizing, and bad commerce practices of the combine, but most of all due to the ad exec who determined that the skip button should not work, so that readers in transit from Norman Spector's picks to the CP-via-Maclean's article by Bryden would get cawt in the adtrap set for Infiniti (by the way, that's the title of song from a decade ago by an aging Italian popstar with southern nasal twang to the language). Buy a Ramazotti record, not an Infiniti auto - if you're in that tiny demographic then pay for your ads, don't allow the adexecs and sleazy operators like Maclean's trap the rest of us in their need to phish you out the mass who just aren't interested in your toys.

While I'm at it, I have the sneaking suspicion that the ad exec devised his adtrap stunt with fake "skip" button after smoking and listening to the lyrics of said Eros Ramazotti on the stereo while driving at 150 miles an hour:

Io vorrei che migliaia di farfalle
colorassero l'aria intorno a me
poi vorrei vederle tutte quante
come un vestito posarsi su di te
cosi, vorrei cosi
cosi, sognarti cosi
quando la festa commincera'
tu sarai regina
tutta la gente
si fermera'
a guardati stupita
per i miei occhi tu splenderai
bella come il sole
infiniti pori del cuore
infinita felicitá

quando penso che tu sei
per me
per sempre

ohh yeah
poi come fa il vento con le rose
vorrei spogliarti soffiando su di te
cosi
vorrei cosi
cosi
amarti cosi
quando la festa poi finirá
torneremo a terra
tutta la gente si riccordera'
d'aver visto una stella
per i mie occhi tu splenderai
bella come il sole
infiniti fuori del cuore
infinita felicitá

quando penso che tu sei
per me per sempre
per sempre
per sempre


Norman-Infnti-Maclean's-Bryden Combo
Infiniti Luxury Car
Eros Ramazotti "Infiniti" lyrics©

economics, commerce, onlineads, moviesflashads, skipbuttons, badjournalism, badadpractice, autosluxury, demographics, timewaste

No comments: