Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sports: Baseball: Washington DC's baseball team Nats has its centerfielder suspended, fined

Baseball reporter Adam Kilgore has an article "Nyjer Morgan suspended 8 games" Wapo (Sept16,2k10) that tells a sad story about Morgan's misbehaviors -- including brawling at a game with the Florida Marlins. The bad boy had the grace to say when the judgment came down,

I'm glad they were able to still hear my side," Morgan said. "The suspension, it's fair in my eyes. I thought the fine was little bit steep. From here, I just have to move on, keep it moving."
Morgan has been suspended for 8 games (8 of 16 games remaining on the Nats' schedule).  He was also fined $15,000.

His judge in the internal-legal judiciary of the sport was the National Baseball League.

-- Sportikos

No comments: